Sr. High Mission Trip
June 16-21, 2019
This summer senior high students will be heading to Austin, TX to take part in A Week of Hope. As these students enter into the lives of others and build relationships with the people of Austin, they’ll experience God working through them at projects such as these:
- Learn about the community paint park–the only paint park of its kind in the USA. You will help paint over art work that is not family friendly and clean the grounds.
- Encourage and honor disabled veterans with a variety of projects at their home.
- Help set up and distribute food for an organization dedicated to feeding families.
- Help to clean up the Brushy Creek Lake as well as the local skate park. You may even get to use the lake kayaks for clean up!
- Brighten up the day for the special needs adults at a day health care center--help with games, exercise, music (bells, piano, sing-alongs), birthday celebrations, themed days, bible discussions, arts
- Serve at the food pantry--inspecting, sorting and shelving foods that are received and enjoy talking with people coming in.
- Meet and help out at-risk youth. A possible variety of projects could include: reading out loud, playing games, singing, etc.
- Interact with senior residents on a variety of projects and activities including meal times and games.
Stay tuned for more details and signup information.